Wednesday, September 28

Invisastyle!

Invisible long reins.
Changing eyes.
Going for walks.
That about sums up my day with the horses!
And the first two are from Buck Brannaman's DVD on groundwork. Let me tell you, I see a difference already! Especially with the changing eyes.
Eddie had a little bit of a hard time with it at first. He didn't really get where to go or what to do. But with quick releases and lots of reassuring, he got it. If you want to know what changing eyes is, go to this website and get the DVD! Or you can just buy it from Buck. He can explain it a lot better than I can.
http://www.giddyupflix.com/detail.php?id=282
http://brannaman.com/


Then we did some long reins. INVISASTYLE!
lol!
I would walk behind Eddie (and I did it with Scout too) and direct him with subtle cues. It was really awesome and I think both of the horses liked it! It was a lot easier too because I didn't have to worry about muddy lines.
:-)
I definitely recommend trying it! It's a lot easier than it sounds and the horses love it!

I played with Scout afterwards and we ran around out in the pasture. Trot. Graze. Trot. Graze. Trot. Graze. Trot. Graze. Canter. That was Scout's mind as we played. The grass was long, lush and green and he wanted to eat it all. But we trotted over some cavaletties and then went into the outdoor to do our invisastyle reins. I think he was a little confused and was thinking "Why are you following me?!" But he did good and whoahed when I dropped my energy.

They are such good boys! It was such a nice day, it didn't rain at all!


~Lea & Eddie~


Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...