Saturday, March 19

Playing with all the horses!

It was so beautiful out today! The sun was shining, there was only a little bit of wind and it was pretty warm out. So, naturally... I played with Eddie, then played with Scout. Then rode Scout, then rode Eddie! :-)
I played with Eddie in the round pen with some fun obstacles. A ball, a mat, a jump, a cavaletti and a pedestal. We played with all of those, and then we worked on changing directions on the circle. Ga Wa Ni Pony Boy has a great way of teaching it, and I haven't played with it that much, but whenever I do it always works! I bring my shoulder past his nose, (while he's circling and I'm in the middle) then he comes in, I turn around, switch the carrot stick into my other hand and ta da! There he is on the other side, going the other way! I'll have to get a video of it, it looks really cool! :-)
Next, Scout and I played in the pasture. We ran around, cantered together, did some cavaletties, jumped the barrels [insert a big YAY!!!!! He flew over it!] and jumped over the cavaletties. He is such a good boy, and he just loves to play!! We went for a walk in the track and I hopped on for a little bit in the pasture. We trotted around a little bit, and I gave him some treats. hehe, which he loved!
After Scout and I were done playing, I brought him into the outdoor because Eddie was in there. I let them loose for a little bit while I got my riding stuff around. hehe, which isn't much! A sidepull, a helmet and reins. :-) Oh yeah! That's my type of riding!
Eddie and I trotted around and I totally sat his trot with ease! Yay! So that was really fun, and we went sideways a few times over a few barrels. That was fun too, and Eddie likes doing that because it's easy and he gets a treat after doing it! :-) We ended on a good note, because it was starting to get windy and 'spooky' outside. It was a really fun day and it was really nice to play with both of the horses.
Diesel and I did a few things too, not too much but we went for a walk in the track and had fun with that.

~Lea & Eddie~

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...