Friday, March 4

590 Posts! Wow!

It's March 4th! Wow!! Where has time gone?!
March has proved to be muddy and very spring-like but the warmer temps have been so nice! It's been in the 40's for the past couple of days. Yay!
Anyway, Mike came out today and checked the horses' feet. So, here is an overview of them all:

Eddie:
Mike looked at Eddie first. Ed had a few naughty moments, but overall, stood really well. According to Mike, his feet were really good! He said that Eddie's toes were a little long, but with a few swipes of a rasp P3 was on the same heel/toe plane. But it was a ah-ha moment for me, because on all four feet, Eddie has had itty bitty toe cracks. So, long toe = toe cracks. That's one arrow added to my hoof trimming quiver!
Scout:
Next, was Scouty! He stood very well, had a few silly moments when he had shifted around and got out of balance. But, like Eddie he was a champ! Mike said that Scout was balanced (I trimmed him 2 days ago) but long. Which was ok, because none of our boys really do a lot of hard, hard, work so their hooves don't have to stand up to that wear and tear. But, I have to be a bit more aggressive with my trimming and know exactly where the Internal Arch Apparatus is so I can balance the hoof print to the foot print.
Jigsaw:
Oh boy, Jigsaw! Mike really made him think and got him to respect our (my mom, mine and Mike's) space. Which was really good, because he does walk through my mom when I am trimming him. So, my mom had a big ah-ha moment where she realized that she can be more firm, not mean, but firm and Jigs will be much better. And he was! He stood for 45 minutes like a champ and hardly had any bad moments. Plus, Jigs' hoof cracks have never looked better! These frequent trims, my uber-roll and the Staph-Control spray is the ticket to minimizing the cracks. Yahoo!

Overall, my grade is an A- at the least, and I learned a lot. Can't wait to continue trimming these guys, they are all so great and have so much to teach us about ourselves!

~Lea, Eddie, Scout, Diesel & Jigsaw~

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...