Monday, November 15

Chilly with a chance of...

Snow!? Not really... just being hopeful here.
I wish it would snow though, it's so stinking fun!! My mom wishes that I wouldn't be hoping for snow, but alas, tis my favorite season!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf71RsyT52c

Anyway, the last couple of days have been busy ones!
We've finished the chicken coop, so we're all done with that. Yay! It looks great! Then last night I went over to On Eagle's Wings Equine Center and spent some time with Bec and her horse, Savannah. They are both doing great! I got to play with Savy too, and she is such a sweetheart! Bec and Savy have both really formed an amazing relationship and I am blessed to be able to help them!

I've been playing with Eddie a lot too!

We've been going for lots of walks and just today I took him for a walk up towards the front of the house and he was so awesome!! He was relaxed, confident and very willing!

Yesterday we had a mini break through. Sometimes, when he's grazing, he'll pull on the lead rope a lot when I'm asking him to go. So I did something Carolyn Resnick suggested on her blog. It didn't pertain to grazing and leading, but just horses in general. She said:

"We as leaders must also focus on the rhythm of our horse while we are working with him. I have found that I can communicate clearly to my horse whether I am in the saddle or from the ground by matching his rhythm and then signaling my request between the strides. I will often times choose a slightly different rhythm from the horse that would cause the horse to want to match my rhythm. For example, if my horse is walking too fast I will choose a rhythm in my own body that I would like him to have rather that trying to slow him down with stronger requests.
When we ride or work the horse at liberty we must maintain the horse’s desire to follow our lead as we are directing him. This takes practice in developing the know- how in making the right choices in what program to use and how to lead. Nothing is achieved in the battle or disconnect." Click here for a link to her blog post.

And that just really struck me that I can do things with Eddie according to his natural harmony or rhythm! Much better than pulling on his head to get him to follow me.
So we've been playing with that lately and it's been great! He's so much more willing now!
Man, you really can never learn too much! Check out the rest of that blog post, it was really good!




~Lea & Eddie~




Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and man.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...