Friday, July 23

Sidepulls & Baths

Today Eddie and I just chilled!
I hosed him off and cooled him off this afternoon. But earlier, we did something different!
Our sidepull came today, so I took it out to the barn and we tried them out! First I just put it on him, then I attached the reins after he got used to it. He did really well, and we did a few things. I could really see him thinking about it! :)
So I hopped on and we did a little bit of flexion, then I asked him to backup and it was SO light! Probably one of the best backups we've done. So I think it will take a little while to get used to them, but I think that they will make a really big difference!


After I hosed him off we went out to the track where it was nice and muddy, and we tried to roll together. I asked him to paw the dirt and then I would give him grain. So he caught on quick, but he didn't go down to roll. But we'll keep doing it every day and hopefully he'll get it! :) It was fun though, and I think he was thinking about rolling. ;-)


Anyway, we had a fun day, and it was really nice to do something, even though it was hot! ;-) I think I'm getting used to this heat!


~Lea & Eddie~






Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...