Sunday, June 6

Listening

Today Eddie taught me a little bit about listening!

I went out to the pasture, where he was grazing, and haltered him up. Which he stood perfectly fine for. Then we played with some cavaletti stuff, and pretty much just 'warming up.'
So we trotted around a little bit, and I notice that he just isn't himself. Yesterday he was so playful, but today he just really seemed like he was trying to tell me something. Yes, that's what I think, and I'm not anthropomorphizing him.
So I stopped after we had a discussion about going sideways on the long reins. I took the long reins off, so it was just one long rope, and just stood there for a moment. Trying to see if something was wrong, or what it was exactly he was trying to tell me. After a few seconds, Allison, my sister comes around the corner and yells,
"You need to come in! It's going to rain really hard!"
"OK!" I yelled back. Well.....
I guess that's what Eddie was trying to get me to do, realize that the clouds to the north of us were pretty dark. I rubbed Eddie and we ran inside together with the ponies as they ran inside too.


It's funny though... After I realized what the 'problem' was, Eddie was SO light. I had to grab a few things as we were going in and he just waited patiently and was so good.


I guess it always comes down to what your gut instinct tells you to do. I could just tell that something was amiss with Ed, and sure enough, he knew that there was a storm a'comin'.
:-) What a patient horse I have!










James 1:19
So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...