Monday, March 29

Online & Freestyle - what a beautiful day!

Today Eddie and I had a wonderful Online and Freestyle session!
First we played out in the pasture with the 45 foot line and LOTS of cookies! He was in a very, "Why????" sort of mood, so I really had to get his motivation up. But once I did, he was really offering a lot! He cantered over the tube, and kept his canter after he'd jumped. Then to draw him in, he came in at a very fast canter. And he was at the end of the 45 foot line! So I had to draw it in really fast. He was awesome!
Then we did some zone 5 driving. We did the weave and lots of point to point from zone 5. We even trotted around from zone 5 to different points. Although he was quite sluggish... ;) hehe! He's so silly!
We wrapped it up after doing some point to point at the end of the 45. He was so light, and really figuring out what I was asking of him. I think we're going to start to play in the evenings/morning now though. In the afternoon he's just so sleepy!

So I rode this evening, and he did pretty good. He was kind of fussy with me hopping up onto his back, and you could tell he would rather have been grazing. But we did some more weave, some very big figure eights, clover leaf and we stood on the pedestal. OH! That's what I forgot to tell you! Eddie stood on the pedestal with 3 feet when we were Online! And I'm sure it would have been 4 if I had asked him up on it. But he offered a lot! It was really cool! I never thought we'd be able to do that! And he had weight on it and everything!

We finished with some more pedestal time and I got off there. I probably rode for about 20-30 minutes. He did good. We need to play with it some more, but there's always something to play with! It keeps us busy. ;)

Have a Happy Easter!

Lea & Eddie


Mark 16:4-6
 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away—for it was very large. 5 And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed.
6 But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...