Tuesday, March 30

Fun in the Wind

Eddie and I had a ton of fun today in the wind!
First we went in the pasture and played for quite a while in there at Liberty. He did great! He stood on the pedestal, ran away from me, and then came back. ;) So we went online after that so we could really play!
He had a ton of energy, so we did a lot of high play drive things. We jumped over lots of things, picking up the canter after-wards, dropping the canter after-wards, or maintaining after the jump. We also did some cutting game, fast falling leaf, and some zone 5 point to point, like we did yesterday. He was awesome, and we were really working on refining our online. It's looking like a polished Level 3, on to the middle of Level 4. Woohoo!
I really refined my phases too. My phase 4 became a phase 3, and it kept getting lighter and lighter. It was really cool!
We also started some 'spin and cd' that's what I'll call, "Spin and Change Direction." hehe, in short! Anyway, on our circle (a close circle) I would spin towards his tail and when I arrived back around I brought my stick with and he changed directions. It was really fun and I think he thought so too!
After that we finished with some sideways from zone 1. Again we played with really light phases and he did them beautifully!


All in all, we had a great time and even though it was SUPER windy, he was really attentive and happy to play.
What an amazing horse I have!


Also.... I started Mark Rashid's new book called Whole Heart, Whole Horse. It's awesome, and I'm already hooked! I love learning!


~Lea & Eddie~



Romans 6:8-11
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...