Friday, February 5

True Horsemanship

Good afternoon! hehe! Eddie and I had a very interesting session today! I took him back behind the trees to graze for a little bit and he was great. then we went for 1/4 of a lap on the track and he just freaked out! Scout and Diesel were running all around the paddocks and snorting like crazy. Needless to say, Eddie was a dragon that was just like a kite in the sky! He was jumping everywhere, including almost on me. So I hopped on the other side of the fence and we walked back to the barn that way, with me on the outside. He was just a nutcase! He would not keep his feet still for 2 seconds and was constantly trotting sideways, jumping over here, bolting forward or running backwards. So we made our way home and he just stopped and sighed as soon as he and Scout could touch noses. It probably didn't help that it was SO windy! Gusts were up to 25 mph! Anyway, that's all that we did today and I groomed him a little once we were back inside. *whew!*

I wanted to make this post include something else, because we didn't do much of anything today. I've been thinking (which I do a lot) and there's something after Parelli that is greater than Parelli itself. I think someone summed it up well, Parelli is the best 'cake' (foundation) program there is. I mean THEE best! But once you form your relationship with your horse, there is nothing that you can't do!
 The relationship is the greatest thing that you develop with Parelli. It's not the 'ultimate sideways' or the 'best circles' it's a relationship that you can go to the highest heights with.
So my goal is to develop the best relationship with Eddie to where we can do anything. My other goal is to ride him bareback and bridleless without a care in the world. And continue to bring out relationship to new heights and teach others how to get that relationship too. :)
What is your ultimate goal?




~Lea & Eddie~






Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...