Monday, February 8

Going for More Walks

 This morning Eddie and I went on another walk!
But this time I grabbed a barrel and we played all the games with that barrel.
For the friendly game I had him push it, sniff it, lick it, roll it around and so on. Then we porcupined to it and yeilded away from it. We did the same with driving, we yoyo-ed back and forth to it and straddled it. Then we circled around it and through it, over it, around it and so on. We sidewaysed off of it, on to it, to it and over it. hehe! Then we squeezed over it (jumped it) from a standstill. Fun!
 I just watched the Level 4 Finesse DVD and it really made me think outside of the box when it comes to the 7 games. The 7 games are pretty much everything! From wiggling the rope out in front of your horse when you're just beginning to doing slide stops, a piaffe, passage and the sideways game too! Shoulders in, haunches in, just going sideways towards and away. It's all the yoyo game and the sideways game! For all the other ones too. The possibilities are endless!
The spanish walk that I have been teaching Eddie, that's a combination of the driving game and the squeeze game. Because he has to control his feet and mentally collect them while I use the driving game to ask him to pick them up. See?!
What a fun journey this is!
Always something new to learn!!!

~Lea & Eddie~


The LORD is my strength and song,
      And He has become my salvation;
      He is my God, and I will praise Him;
      My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...