Thursday, February 4

Cloudy with a chance of...Riding?

hehe, that was my phrase today! I got to ride again!
After school my sister and I went outside and we took the horses out one by one to get some grass and some exercise. I was out for nearly 2 and a half hours! It was fun though...
I took Eddie out to the track and we did a lap online with lots and lots of trotting. We played with some more sideways and he was excellent. He was so light and responsive. We had a few interruptions when Diesel was trying to climb through the fence to the ice rink - I mean outdoor arena. So I had to put Eddie away and turn the fence on. Yes, Diesel did get zapped, and that seemed to get him out of his hinny fit. Forget hissy fit, it's a hinny fit! I got Eddie back out and we went to graze underneath the trees. He was happy that he could graze and get back out of his paddock. A few of the kitties came to visit while I was grazing Eddie, so we played friendly game with the kitties as they sniffed noses and tried to get on Eddie's back. hehe!
We went back out to the track and did some more barrel licking. ;) I hopped on and off and I finally just sat on him, yoyo-ed him away from the barrel and back towards the barrel with just the savvy string. He looks SO handsome with our clean, white savvy string!
We ended by the gate and I hopped off and we went back inside. By that time Allison had come outside and she took Scout out to graze and play. So I took Diesel out and we trotted around and grazed. He was so cute! He liked to get some of his energy out by trotting around by the trees and the round pen.
We went back inside the barn after that and i checked on Diesel's back feet to see if they needed to be trimmed, and they didn't. He has really strong, thick, healthy hoof wall that I didn't want to take off because there's nothing wrong with it and it's not long. So because I didn't need to do Diesel and I had my stuff all outside, I did Eddie's front feet.
He was really, really good with them! I trimmed back his wall, exposed it, took off his bars and just did a general check. They look great. I'm so proud of how they look. And his crack that has been there since we got him? It's almost gone! Yippeee!!!!


~Lea & Eddie~


Psalm 42:1-2
As the deer pants for the water brooks,
         So pants my soul for You, O God.
 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
         When shall I come and appear before God?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...