Thursday, February 18

February 17th Play Day

Yesterday was so busy and so fun!
I played with Eddie twice, Scout once, Diesel once, groomed them all, Diesel got out and did a lot of chores with Dad. So I was very tired by the end of the day and spent the night watching American Idol & the Olympics to pass the time. ;) hehe!
But anyway, Eddie did so amazing and so did Scout!
In the morning I played with Eddie with some bowing and we played again in the afternoon out on the track. We played with some circles, weave, cavaletties and lots of other stuff. I grabbed the 4 cones that I was using for our weave, and put them together so Eddie would have to trot over them like cavaletties. He did super at that and he was really, really stretching into it. I think it must have felt good to use his back.
I played with Diesel in the morning too. We played with the 7 games and just using his brain. My mom and I were talking, and we're going to send in a video of me playing with him to Mr. David Lichman. Because he has a system where you pay him what the advice was worth and it's over the internet with videos and such. We're just finding it hard to connect with him. Eddie and Scout they look to us to ask "Oh! What are we doing next?" But Diesel wants nothing to do with our 'stupid games.' He challenges me - a LOT! I feel like a Level 1 student all over again because he is just SO SO SO smart! It will be interesting to see what Mr. Lichman says. I'm sure it will be amazing advice from a 5* instructor.
I played with Scout next. He did really well. We did some circles and just lots of trotting around out in the track. He was VERY happy for the excercise. But what we didn't expect was this:
I heard my Dad yell, "Diesel's loose!" and I just automatically went, "Oh BOY!" So Scout cantered while I sprinted to the round pen where Diesel was. I got the fence down to the track and he just went right into the track and started to roll. Silly hinny!!!!!! It was funny though, he looked just like a little oreo milkshake because he just covered in the thawing mud. ;) I just had to chuckle. We got him back into his pen after moving Eddie and Scout around and then Scout and I just went back to grazing beneath the trees by the track.
It was a very interesting day. ;)


I was also thinking about Eddie's and my 'tricks.' I refer to laying down, bowing and spanish walking. I came to a realization today that once it doesn't become fun, or it becomes too much of a challenge, then you have to stop doing it. I noticed I started saying, "Let's work on our bowing." Instead of, "Let's play with our bowing." Yesterday I also noticed that Eddie didn't look like he was having fun.
So, instead of 'working' on our 'tricks' we're going to start to play with our riding more. All those tricks look cool, but it's not for the benefit of the the horse.
Lately, I've really taken up the concept, "What's right for the horse?" It's not fair to do what we want and forget about the horse's dignity. And sadly, I think some Level 4 students fall into that. There's a fine line between tricks and relationship.
I've decided to play with our riding every day now and not get caught up on things that could trip us up.




Lea & Eddie




Romans 8:38-39
For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...