Friday, January 29

A Very Long Play Session!

Wow, can you believe this is blog post # 360?! Wowza!!!
Today we had the best session this month! Well it's almost the longest session we've had this month! We probably played for about an hour and a half.
First we started with playing out and around the pasture. We stayed on the west side over by the orchard. I had him do some squeeze game underneath apple trees and through the grape arbor. We trotted around different things and played with a bit of sideways towards and away. He did really well with it and it was SO light. Oh my goodness! It was so peaceful. The woodpeckers were knocking and besides the Shwan's man going to the neighbor's, everything was silent. It was kind of cute, he was such a dominant LBE today. He really wanted to be the leader! But I kindly - yet firmly said, "No thank you!" And he was fine after that.
So we grazed by the round pen for a while and then we went into the track. Time for some FUN!
We trotted along two whole sides which is a long way! Probably 300 feet. Then I decided that we might as well try some trotting sideways. It's time to do some new stuff while we polish off our other stuff.
He did it perfectly! At first I didn't think he would do it, but I asked him and he did it 3 times about 6 or 7 steps! He looked SO pretty!!! I thought, "why not!?" And I asked him to do it towards. His sideways towards has always been pretty good. But this was SUPERB! He did it twice and I was just running backwards!!!
Yahhooo!!!!!!!!! It was so nice outside and it was such a fun play time!
We did one more thing - yoyo game! I had him trot next to me and then I would just totally extend and so would he! His extended trot is just magnificent! I can't even explain it! Hopefully I'll be able to get some videos soon of the new stuff we've been trying.
Thank you Lord for such an amazing horse!!!


~Lea & Eddie~



Mark 9:35
And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...