Sunday, January 17

Long Reins & Grazing!

Today Eddie and I improved out draw!
We went out into the pasture first and played witn the barrels. I would send him out around them (while I stayed in a small circle I drew in the snow) and then I would draw him back to me! He did it really well and it was a challenge for me to stay in my circle and have him go out around the barrels.
After that we straddled a pole lengthwise and then we did some circles. He did 4 at the trot with only a few breaks of gait, then we did a change of direction and did about 3 more the other way at the trot. We also did some long rein zone 5 driving. Eddie and I did some point to point (with apples! yum!) and he was great with it. We trotted to the different obstacles and it felt so good to be able to run in a straight line. Yippeee!
My mom and dad came outside afterwards and my mom took Scout, my dad took Diesel and I took Eddie and we all went for a little walk! We went over to the sideyard and let the herd graze. They are very eager for green grass, that's for sure!
We all went back to the paddocks and gave them some more hay. I feel bad that they have to be cooped up, but Eddie has found a way to entertain himself...

What a nut - he has no figured out how to get his front feet over the bottom strand of fence (our fence divider for the paddocks are 3 strands of cotten rope) Anyway, he gets his front over over the bottom, his neck over the top and stands there... Just stands there.... So my dad and I are on a mission to see what we can do about that, because we don't want him to get hurt! Silly guy!

~Lea & Eddie~



Philipians 2:14-16
Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.





P.S. There was a lot of frost on the trees this morning:






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...