Thursday, January 14

3 Savvies & Contentment with where we are

Today was really fun!
We went out after lunch and played with all the ponies! First I brought Eddie into the round pen and we played with some online. We did some sideways towards with me going sideways too, and some prep-for-change of directions. He did really good, and he was very light the whole time. I think our Online is a very solid Level 4 quality, for our 'disengage and come in' from the circle was so, so light! I just looked up and he was like, "Yay! I get to come in!" It was so cool!
Liberty was next! And that too felt like it was solidly in Level 4. His circles were so light, and his transitions were effortless! If he was at a walk, he stayed within 12 feet of me, is he was at the trot, he stilled stayed about 15 feet away from me, then at the canter he would go all the way out to the rail. It was so neat! We did some sideways after that and he did it so willingly and effortlessly! We jumped the barrels about 10 times - he kept wanting to do it! Man, he really has quite a personality! His spanish walk, cutting game, and draw has improved tremendously! All of a sudden our Liberty has blossomed. Oh guess what?! We started a new Pattern! Weave at liberty! I set out 5 sticks in the snow around the round pen and we weaved in and out of them. It was really fun, and he loved it!
Freestyle was next! ;) We did some nice and easy laying over him and having him not charge to the gate. *sigh* It was teaching me a lot of patience, and I didn't get frustrated once, like I used to. I actually thought it quite funny! I probably got on and off 6 or 7 times and by the end he would stand patiently and wait for the next thing to do. We did a smal weave pattern with the new thing that we did ^^^^ Up there when we played at Liberty. We trotted around a little bit and it was really fun! He had a ton of energy, but it was fun.


Sometimes it's easy to get discouraged that we don't do
much in Freestyle, but I have to be content with where we are. :) It's like in Mulan (I know it's a weird comparrison) where her father says, "the blossoms are beautiful this year. But look! This one is late. But I think when it blooms it will be the most beautiful of them all!"
I think it will. :)



Lea & Eddie


2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...