Tuesday, November 10

WooHoo! Energy!

Eddie had a lot of energy today! He had a lot of 0-60 moments!
So we played with the circling game and a TON of other things! Let's see... we did the sideways game towards, away, over barrels, trotting away, trotting towards, towards over a barrel and sideways without a fence to different obstacles! Wowie!
Then we did zone 5 driving with one rein and did turns to the left and right with only one rein on one side. It was really cool, he turned away from the rein with just my body asking him to. Also with driving and we did the spin and driving to different logs and having him straddle them/jump them.
Let's see... circling game! We did a lot of traveling circles and jumping over obstacles at the end of the 45. That was pretty hard, but I do believe it will get easier. He did really well with it though! Oh! And this is for Mirka, *gets excited* she had commented on my video on youtube that Eddie's lead changes were just his forefeet changing leads and not his hind feet. But we did a few more and he did both hind and front feet flying changes!!!! And he did it twice!!!! I kind of bumped his ribs out as he was leaving and that REALLY helped!!! It's awesome, just the slightest movement of my body can have him do a flying change. SWEET!!!! I LOVE PARELLI!!!! I also watched our October DVD and at the beginning Pat talked about the water ski/ hovercraft or something like that, anyway it doesn't matter... I had the principle in the back of my mind the whole time and it helped tremendously! The principle was, to get all the beginning things out of the way (once you're ready of course) (the beginning things are Levels 1-3) then once you get to level 4 you ask for engagement. Things get light for you and your horse just offers everything. I think now that we have it on the ground we can get it on his back either this winter or next year. Usually it takes longer for us in freestyle/finesse. =-) It's all me, I need to work on my savvy/precision in level 3. All in good time. =-)

Well that's what I did today! Tomorrow we're putting in our fence and then the horses will be safe if they ever get out. Wish us luck tomorrow, it's going to be really busy/tiring.

Lea & Eddie

Acts 4:19
19 But Peter and John answered and said to them (the priests), “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge.

1 comment:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Yee Haw! lol! YAY! I love Parelli too ;). Putting up fence is fun, eh? NOT! At least, it's not fun if you have to dig the post holes by hand!

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...