Monday, October 19

Online/Liberty/Freestyle... and wait a minute - Finesse??

First of all I wanted to say... YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! OUR LEVEL 3/4 ONLINE AUDITION IS UP!!!!

HOORAY!!!!! Thank you so much Mrs. Kampmeier for the trailer!!
Next, Eddie and I have been playing with Liberty a lot too. We played in the outdoor (since the round pen has gotten boring for him recently) and we had a lot of fun!! We're starting to work on leading by the tail and making turns. He already gets them!! It's just gotten so easy lately, I come up with some tasks we haven't done yet and within a few hours or a few days he has them down pat! It's so amazing how fast he learns. So I went through the Liberty self assessment and we have 3 tasks left in Level 3 and 4. In Level 3 we just have to do the change of direction at the canter with a simple drop-to-trot change. Then in Level 4 we have 10-20 laps at the canter, which is pretty much impossible for a LBI. So we're going to play with that and I'm not bore him. =-)  Because he is so smart! So we have to make it a game. I'll let you know how that goes! lol! the last task in Level 4 is change of direction at canter with flying change. I still have no idea why he doesn't want to do circling game. It seems to be his one downfall and probably mine too since I think it's somewhat boring. That will be the one game we practice!
The past couple of days I've ridden Eddie for about 30 minutes for each session and every time it seems like we end up doing a little bit of finesse! Finesse.. on Eddie. Are you kidding??? He hates contact! Well I guess not anymore! Anyway, our freestyle is going pretty good, we're going through the Patterns and using the savvy string more and more. Pretty soon I think we'll be able to go bridleless. =-)
Well with finesse we're just starting some Level 2/3 things. We did leg yields at the walk and trot and I had concentrated reins the whole time. Then we did some FQ yields and HQ yields just with the turn of my wrist and the change of my seat. I like it, it's something fun and interesting and I think he thinks the same thing!! =-D

Lea & Eddie

Revelations 3:8
“I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.

(I thought this verse was so fitting for what tomorrow has in store for me)

1 comment:

Jordyn Daniels said...

WOO HOO! Y'all are going to pass with flying colors! Can't wait for the post on y'all's lesson!

~Lauren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...