Monday, September 7

More Liberty

Today was really busy, but I did get a play time with Eddie. We did a huge figure eight on the entire property. We covered a LOT of ground! We practically went all around the property. So that was fun! Then we went in the round pen and we played with some Level 4 things. We played all seven games with an obstacle (a mini barrel). He did SO good! We played all the games, then once we got to the squeeze game he decided to leave because I asked him to jump it. Well he wanted to play and trot on the circle. So I played with him! I asked him canter the circle until he wanted to come in. He dropped his head after a 3 circles and I asked him to come right in.
He did and then he jumped it completely, straddled it and sidewaysed off it from zone 5! He was being quite a LBE for a little bit, then he instantly went right back to LBI. Here's what we did with the obstacle. We friendly gamed with it, lead by the tail to it, drove him to it and away from it, yoyo-ed to and from it, circled around it close (that was really cool!), sideways off of it towards and away from zone 5 and zone 1 and lastly we straddled it and jumped it!
YAY! We even played with our transitions when he decided to leave. Upwards and downwards and backing too. I hopped on after that and we did a few laps bareback and bridleless. A few times he didn't want to bring his head up from grazing, but after a few taps with my savvy string, he brought it right up and we walked around a little bit. Oh! He even spooked! And I stayed on!! YAY! I just held on to his mane while he did a little, sudden, 90 degree turn. Yay!
So overall it was a great play session!
I played with Scout after that too. He was so funny!! We basically just ran around at liberty, did the cutting game a little bit, he reared up just a few inches because he was being SO dominant and goofy! But I knew i was safe, because all he would do is pin his ears and shake his head. No teeth! =-D He got quite collected and pranced around while we were doing stick to me at liberty. I hopped on for a few moments after that, bareback and bridleless. We walked around and then I had to go because we had to eat dinner.
It was a great day!
I can't wait until tomorrow! =-) It's going to be a fun week!


Oh! How could I forget?? We made 9 gallons of apple cider!!! Here's a video of us doing it:



~Lea & Eddie~

Matthew 12:30
He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.

4 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

AWESOME! Sonny can be snotty like that too! He hasn't done it in a while though... The apple cider looks yummy!

Lea and Eddie said...

Oh, it was so good! We ended up making 9 GALLONS! It was awesome!

Jordyn Daniels said...

You're making me drool now! Sounds like it! I am still awaiting the arrival of cooler weather *wink, wink*! lol!

Lea and Eddie said...

I guess my cooler weather didn't work! loL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...