Monday, August 31

My Little Left Brain Extrovert

Today was a lot of fun! In the morning I played with Diesel and we went through the 7 games. He did super and he's catching on very quick.
Then I talked to Keri in the afternoon. I love you Keri!!! =-D
After I talked to Keri, then I played with Eddie. We worked on 45 foot line cantering and he was so silly! I remember I used to get frustrated, but I was just laughing and taking his 'ideas' and making them into something fun. Like on the circle he kept having the druthers back to the barn. So I would purposefully send him back to the barn and have him stand on the pedestal next to the gate. I also stood on a particular spot and sent him 45 feet away to the pedestal and he really got the hang of that. We did some long reins, which he chewed a lot, hehe! Jumped a few things and did the weave. He did some SUPER half passes at the trot! Here are some pictures:

I got on and we rode after that. He was pretty frisky, but I just took it and did some figure eight, HQ yeilds, point to point and just a few other tasks to get him more connected. He is SO light though. Even though I haven't ridden that much, he responds to everything! We went sideways over the barrels and we was so light! In fact, I also got off (I was laying on him with my feet along his back) but my stick was still on his side and he kept going sideways! Oh yes, the reason I almost got off is because I thought he would plow through them and go forward and jump them, but he didn't and he knew exactly what I was asking him. Yay! I'm so proud of him!
It's cool, I would have been scared if he was that LBE. But I was so calm and just, "Yep! Ok! Let's go do that!" And he knew it. He behaved because I was confident. Oh! I was doing the 9 step back up and he was sort of tossing his head, so I just wiggled my feet a little bit and he backed right up. I was only on a phase one. Maybe a phase half! lol! He got so collected. It was pretty! It's like he was telling me, "You don't need to do a phase 2! Don't go there! I'll back up on a 1!" I'm so proud of him. Yay Eddie!


~Lea & Eddie~

Psalm 95:6-7

Oh come, let us worship and bow down;

Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand.

5 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Awesome! Eddie is GORGOUS!!! He is such good shape! I wish Sonny was... lol! Sonny is REALLY fat right now:P! I'm so happy y'all are confident in the saddle again:)!!!! Y'all are look AWESOME together!

Lea and Eddie said...

Yeah, it shows what no saddle for 2 years and lots of cavaletties can do! He's changed so much in his back.
Thanks! We're really working on our freestyle now. It's fun!

Jordyn Daniels said...

:)! I JUST started hill and caveletti therapy. Do you have any tips? I am doing caveletti's on the days I don't do hill therapy because When I wasn't doing the hill therapy EVERY day his stifle got REALLY bad:(. So now I do both:)! Well I have to go help with dinner:(...

Lea and Eddie said...

The only thing I can think of is, just do them for about 10 minutes each day. I even started a blog about his Cavaletti therapy. That made it a lot easier to keep track of how many times I had done it. Good luck! It's pretty easy to incorporate them into play sessions. You guys will do great!

Jordyn Daniels said...

I hope so...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...