Thursday, June 18

Fun with Tucker




Yesterday I went out to play with Tucker! Let me explain how we met...
My sister is now working at Farm & Fleet. She met a really nice girl, Danielle, and she has horses. Tucker is her 3 year old project and she said he always needs something to do. (In my mind a LBE) She also said he was a lot like Eddie. Which he is! Big time! I think if I had played with Eddie for the first time now that I know what I know, I would have gotten the exact response as Tucker. He's a LBE/I and is both at the same time. He thinks, "You and two gorillas couldn't make me move!" then once you do get him moving he's an extrovert, "lalalalalala! What a beautiful day!" So here's his Horsenality profile from one play time:
LB much???
We did all the games, sideways was his hardest. I really noticed that his FQ yield was off. Since western.. oh I don't know what you call it, the showmanship thing on the ground... Anyway, I noticed that his FQ yield was off. His HQ yield was perfect since that's what the showmanship thing does, but his FQ yield was really hard for him. He stuck his nose in the air and refused to move. I didn't want to get too tough because Danielle was there and I didn't want to seem too rough. It was also because he's SO LB he didn't want to move. Dominance issue. =-D I can handle that. His circling game was pretty good, change of directions really got him interested and the squeeze game seemed like it engaged him. Haha, he did this thing where he would put his head really low to the ground, then step over the rope and pull the rope out of my hands. I had to think of my savvy arrows and pulled a nice fat juicy one out! I gave him a whack on his rump if he did that because he almost gave me a rope burn. Then he would spin around and lick his lips. Yay! My savvy-ness worked! I do wish I could have done something more provocative, like once he pulled the rope from my hand send him around really fast in a circle or something so he would think I mean comfort, safety and play. But it's what I came up with at the time and it worked.
So yeah, it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I cannot wait to play with him again. It's going to be a big difference!
I ended up playing with four horses yesterday! No wonder today I'm so tired!
It's going to rain here, then it's going to be fine weather for the rest of the day, so I'm going to play with Eddie later. Diesel too!
Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Lea & Eddie

2 comments:

coc_parelli said...

Aww...Tucker's super cute!

Lea and Eddie said...

Yeah, he's very handsome! =-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...