Saturday, April 4

Ready For a Change ~ Literally...

Oh golly, where do I start...
This past month (March & April) have been confusing for me. Our freestyle has suddenly gone to pot (Level 1 maybe pre-Level 1) and it has just all fallen apart. I have no idea how, or why or how I can change it. I talked with my mom last night and we were brainstorming, trying to figure this out. I think my main concern is that he will never be able to get to the higher levels because of his horsenality. Which I know is untrue. ANY horse can get to the higher levels. I think it's tough because he's, right now, an Allure. A complete and total 100% Allure and I have no means or knowledge how to handle that. HELP LINDA! Because I want to ride but I can't ride. Because I don't want to fall of anymore! It's stupid to keep riding when I'm tense and he's all WOOHOO, duh, something is bound to happen!
My plan of attack:
I'm going to ask Mike or Karen to watch us and tell us what to do. I know that I can't do this one alone. The bright side is that this will build my character! This is a HUGE learning experience for me because after this bump I'll know how to handle those specific issues. I had another idea this morning. I could probably write to Linda and ask her for advice. I think I'll pm Terra and ask her for the contact info.
Once we get over this bunp...wait...no...mountain, then we'll be cruising through Level 2/3.
Oh, I also wanted to add that I'm definitly NOT going to be doing my freestyle. Unless a miracle happens! =-D I don't want to have the pressure of "Oh! Gotta do it!" I want us to be ready and for us to have quality in our freestyle so maybe we could pass at a Level 2+ or ++.
Well I'm off to put this on the forum!

Lea & Eddie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...