Saturday, February 7

I thought spring would never come

Well it finally did! It was probably a high of 50 or so today. Needless to say I was so happy!
I was very tired from yesterday's play time so we didn't too much today. We played in the round pen again and then after lunch I rode around. I didn't realize it but I was actually a little unconfident. Me?! Unconfident?! Those two words do not go together! So I did a lot of thresholds with myself. Eddie was very patient. =-) We'd walk down to the end of the paddock and then back to the barn. Approach and retreat.
Sudden thought: I've realized that if I'm unconfident our rides go terrible. Because Eddie needs a very confident leader or else he gets flighty. So I get more unconfident when I'm unconfident because I know I shouldn't be unconfident!
Anyways, we would go out to the outdoor and sideways all the way inside and do that a bunch of times. Then we were both confident enough to go through a huge puddle in the outdoor. He liked that!
Well, tomorrow Crissie and Ann come out to have a Parelli day with us. We're just going to show them around and share ideas! Yay!

Until tomorrow,
Lea & Eddie

3 comments:

coc_parelli said...

50 degrees!! Nice. It didn't get quite that warm here..but close. Everything is melting and slippery. I really have to help the horses to watch their footing. :)

Sounds like you and Eddie are enjoing the warm weather.

Savvy Out,

Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie

Randa said...

Hey. It's okay to be unconfident sometimes. I'm unconfident a lot when I ride Brizzee. But sometimes, if I just sit on her, take deep breaths, and relax my body, she relaxed, cocks a hind leg, etc. and then I feel more confident.

And, remember what Linda says. If you feel really unconfident, just get off, play, and then get back on (if you want). I was really unconfident riding Brizzee, but the more I played with her on the ground, the more confidence I got. And the more I just sit on her, and not do anything, I feel relaxed/confident.

But, everyone feels unconfident at times, and it is totally OKAY and NORMAL!! :)

Savvy On,
~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

Lea and Eddie said...

Olivia - Yeah, it was so warm out!!! I'm glad winter is almost over. I can't wait for summer!
Randa - I know, I could have gotten off, but I knew he wasn't going to do anything, so I just poked around until it felt good then I got off. Sometimes it's hard to know when to get off, or when to stay on and wait until it feels good. Such a fine line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...