Wednesday, October 29

A true test of my patience and savvy

Again Eddie was a bit more challenging. On the ground he was super, we drove from zone 5, then I got two 22 foot lines and drove with those. He did great! We turned, backed up, and circled. A few times he didn't exactly get what I meant, but I cleared it up very easily. So, now you might be wondering where the title of this post comes into play... Usually after I play with him I ride. A little bit of online and freestyle. Well today he didn't exactly want to be ridden. He just seemed off. He would try and bite the hackamore, he was very bracey (which is so rare for him) and he just didn't get things. Well I got off and we ended on somewhat of a good note.
This afternoon I wanted to play with him again, maybe get out of this rut we're in. I think we're climbing out of it because all I had was a savvy string and his halter, and we played! I used the savvy string as a lead line and just worked on unity I guess is the word. Getting him to want to be with me instead of making him be with me. So after I felt a difference I got on and just easily rode with my sister who was riding Scout around the pasture. A loose rein, a soft feel, just taking my time and not going too fast. All was pretty well! He was better then the morning's ride and we did a few back ups, sideways, FQ yields, and HQ yields and then went inside. YAY! So, just another learning experience.

~Patience and Persistence, in the Proper Position~
Lea & Eddie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...