Tuesday, October 28

Saperate, isolate and re-combine

While riding that's what I had to do.
Well let's start with our play session on the ground first. We walked a lap around the pasture driving from zone 5ish. I would either stand in 3/4 or 5 and stop, back up, go forward and trot. He did super well with that! Our Savvy Club DVD came, so I did the bareback mounting without luck! lol! I almost got on his back, so we'll need to work on that. Then all was going swell so I hopped on with the bareback pad. We did the Question Box pattern at the trot and walk, he did really great with that too.
Then I tried sideways between the barrels. He really had a hard time with it, he kept wanting to go forward, so I had a plan. I got off, sideways-ed on the ground first, then I got back on and tried out our front end yields and hind end yields from his back. He did that great, so I tried it again and all was well! So it works, separate, isolate, and re-combine. SAAAAAAVY! (Savvy clap!)

Lea & Eddie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...