Monday, March 19

Spr-ummer

Spring and Summer put together = Sprummer! And that is what we have been having this past week. The weather finally broke today and it looks like it's going to be cooler and cooler with every day that goes by.
Let's see... A lot of things have been goin on lately. Hence, my lack of postage. :-)
I'm starting to drive more and more after putting it off and forgetting about it for the past year. lol! But yeah, time to get it done and get my license when I'm eighteen. Good gravy, do I really turn eighteen in two months? Yikes! And that means we leave for Florida again in two months! Wowza! I don't know if I talked about it in my last post, but mom and I are headed to the sunshine state again instead of going to Pennsylvania for my next Equine Podiatry course. It will be fun - especially since we've been there before and we will know what to do and where to go.
Besides that, I've been reading, riding, playing, studying, biking, walking, riding some more, sweating, shopping, and last but not least working. Working = doing chores and trimming. Oh yeah, that's my kinda work! :-)
Anyways, I've been reading the latest issue of Eclectic Horseman and as usual, it is packed chock full of golden quotes, sayings, and ideas. Here is just one that stood out to me:
"Discipline happens before, punishment is after. A horse doesn't need punishment." -Buck Brannaman
I don't think I've ever run across a Buck quote that wasn't thought-provoking and utterly true.
Here are some pictures of Eddie and I when I rode yesterday and the day before:
Weee! Jumping!

Too hot for cowboy boots

Me & Eddie
 

Galatians 5:22-23
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...