Tuesday, November 15

An Inspiration

Yesterday, I had a thought and decided to act on it.
Eddie and Scout and I have been doing pretty much the same thing for a long time. Run around the pasture online, jump over a few things, canter a little bit and that's all. Or run around at liberty in the outdoor and do cavaletties. Or when we ride we walk around, trot a little bit and play with a few little things.
Well, yesterday I decided not to do the normal anymore.

Instead, I took Eddie for a trail walk all the way around the property. He was so... ALIVE! And excited! We went around the pumpkin field, through the pine trees, around the silo, in front of the house, through the orchard, down to the south line, through the south line, up the east line and back to the outdoor. It took about 45 minutes to go around the whole property and just a few little corrections so that he stayed connected to me, but we had a blast! Then we went into the outdoor and rode - playing with collection and shifting his weight to his hindquarters. I don't think we've had such a stimulating play time for a while. Of course, when we were done he was pretty tired after playing for over an hour. But he took a nap and that gave me a chance to play with Scouty!

We went for a walk too, albeit not a long one. But then we went into the pasture and 'raced' each other. He was so happy to run, buck and just play. Oh boy, do we all have fun together! I hopped on him then and we rode into the outdoor. He so loves to run around and race. hehe, pure joy!

So yes, from now I'm going to try not to do what the horses expect me to do - take them out to the pasture and do... well not much. I moved the cavaletties out to the east line, so that should be fun to play with today! It is a beautiful day and looks to be a fun one too!


(This is my new favorite song right now! I've had it stuck in my head for the past two days!)




~Lea & Eddie~


2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...