Tuesday, September 13

Takin A Break

Seems like all we have been doing lately is ride... Trotting in the outdoor, trotting over the cavaletties, trotting around the corners. Been doing that for about 4-5 days.
I like variety. Eddie likes variety.
It was time to change things up.

Today was just played with the pasture and did 3 laps in the track. It was nice to take a break from riding so we could both soak up all the things that we have learned. Now I do admit that I sat on him while my mom gave him grain, but we didn't work on anything.

This breather will be fun. I'll play with him again tomorrow and then we'll probably go back to riding / playing. We cantered out in the field (which he doesn't really like right now - he gets a little nervous) but I just let him stand until he relaxed and then we did some more lunging-type things out there. Just running around, jumping over things and burning off some of his energy. :-)

So, now I just have to think of what we can work on next in our riding. Taking a step back and doing a little evaluation can sometimes make me see the holes in our relationship and horsemanship.
Hmmm.... Still evaluating... I'll get back to ya on that.

But yeah, it's so nice outside and great to be out with the horses all day. <3

~Lea & Eddie~

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...