Friday, July 29

Think Harmony (part 2)

Yesterday it was a very wet, hot and humid day.
hehe, The End.
Just kidding.
Even though it was warm out, Al (my sister - short for Allison) and I took the ponies for a walk around the track. Literally around the track, not inside it, but on the outside. The "Wild." ;-)
They were very happy for the exercise and new scenery. I think they really enjoy getting out and going new places. They probably get bored of being in the same paddocks day in and day out. Maybe we'll have to break out of our bubble and go across the road for fun or something. Diesel would love that! He's the adventurer of the herd!
Anyway, Eddie and I did some more 'think harmony' yesterday. And it was so much easier! I don't know if it's just once you do it once, you do it all the time, but I was constantly aware of where his feet were when I rode. I asked for a stop as he descended his foot, and imagined a turn lifting the correct hoof he would lift. What also helped was that I walked with him while he grazed. It was a fun little activity to do together. :-) I would follow his footfall with every step he took grazing. Like it said, it was really interesting to see how he walked when he grazed. You should try it! Eddie was just at liberty in the round pen and I just followed him around. Kind of like Simon Says. I'm hoping to ride again today, so I will post about what our Think Harmony is like later!

~Lea & Eddie & Scout & Diesel~


Romans 12:16
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...