Wednesday, June 8

We Cantered!

We sure did!
I knew it was going to be a scorcher today, so Eddie and I rode early in the morning. I'd say around 8 am. It was already 80, but we had a blast anyway! We trotted countless times, and for most of the time, we trotted two whole sides. Then we jumped a few times (I have video coming, but here's a picture for now!)
Eddie was so amazing and offered so much!! I am so proud of him and how far we have come!!

Dad came and took a few pictures and videos, so I was like, hey! Why don't we try a canter! Eddie was sleepy and the only down side was that it was windy. We went for it anyway, and tried 3-4 times. On the second try though, we took a few strides and he decided it was too hot to canter. And I can't blame. Especially because of another reason...

About an hour before we we rode, we brought the horses in off of their initial graze. Eddie decided to itch his butt on part of the fence. Therefore, because of his mass, ;-) he cracked the board and popped the bottom one out. :-( During that, he must have scraped the inside of his hind legs and took the skin and hair off. :-( So, I was riding and he had open cuts on him. I felt really, really bad. However, he showed no signs of lameness or soreness when I rode, so I guess it didn't hurt too bad.

Anyway, the point of me telling you this is because you never know what affects your horse during his day! Yesterday, when I had my good friend out, we discussed this and talked about it. Anything can happen to them during their day and it affects our rides with them. So, lesson learned. Always check your horse out before you ride! :-)

Hope ya'll are staying cool!
~Lea & Eddie~

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
      And lean not on your own understanding;

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...