Saturday, May 22

Carefree!!!

Well this afternoon I gave Eddie a full trim! That's the first time that I have been able to do all 4 feet, and do everything that I needed to do. He did amazing!! He never fussed once, and was so polite and happy the whole time! Needless to say, I was sweating a lot, but it was really fun to try out my new hoof stand, and use my new rasp. Man, that thing is like cuttin' butter! ;) You sure do get what you pay for!

Anyway, after I trimmed Eddie, got some water (and a cookie) I headed back outside to play with him! We went for a walk around the track first with the ponies, and then played in the pasture! We did some small online things first, then went to liberty in the pasture. He was SO silly!
We would do some stick to me at the trot, then he would go GALLOPING through the really tall grass, send the bunnies that are in the grass, running every which way, then he would get scared of the bunnies and run back to me!
It was SO funny!!!! He did that about four times, and each time he would gallop a big circle, and come back. hehe! One time he even chased a bunny down until it went fleeing into the bushes. I kind of felt bad for it... :( But Eddie gave up after a while, and we finished our play session.
He was just so funny, and it was nice to just enjoy the time with him, and not really play with anything. We did do some mind games, but it was really... carefree! And I think he could tell!



~Lea & Eddie~


Galatians 5:13
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty;
only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh,
but through love serve one another.

3 comments:

Parelli Central said...

Lea, I always enjoy your posts. When it's fun for us and our partner - the horse - we achieve true partnership. Keep up the good play!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor

Lea and Eddie said...

Thanks so much, Petra! That means a lot! :) I love just heading outside, and seeing what comes up when Eddie comes over to the gate. It's always something different, and interesting.

Parelli Central said...

Lea, Glad you enjoyed my post. I have been following you on FB as well... Lovely relationship between you and your horse!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...