Monday, April 5

Sometimes the best way to put the relationship first is......

Not do anything!
Yesterday was Easter, so I decided not to play with Eddie. It was also really, really windy, and Eddie was really sleepy. So I groomed him and we shuffled the horses in and out of rain showers. It was a wonderful Easter though, and I love spending it with my family!

But today it was pretty nice out and it was really sunny and warm. So in the afternoon I let him sleep and then once the sun went down, we played for a nice long time! We went in the round pen and played with some liberty and change of directions. He's had a little trouble with it lately, so we played with it online and then went to liberty. He did great with it and was really connected and willing! Then we did some stick to me, squeeze game, and lots of pedestal time! See, I made a pedestal before I played with him. I put a small tire in the round pen, and filled it up with dirt. It worked really well, and I had it filled in, in no time!

So, anyway, back to my title. Sometimes it's just nice to go out to play with your horse, and just go graze, or just go groom him, or even just take a walk! And of course the horse appreciates it. Who wouldn't want to graze the spring grass?! :)


Three cheers for putting the relationship first! 




~Lea & Eddie~




1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...