Tuesday, March 9

Mud & Wind!

Well today we played in the wind and mud today! :) We went out to the track and did another lap to have him stretch his legs.
All the horses ran around this morning and just galloped everywhere. It was interesting to watch! Anyway, they were pretty tired this afternoon, so I let them sleep, and then it started to rain, so I locked them up. I ate a banana with them, and read with them during the rain. But once it was over, I was out with Eddie!
So yeah, we went for a lap in the track and went back to the pasture to do some small things.
He was pretty skitterish, so I made sure that I was being his confident leader for him. :) He really appreciated it and was quite relaxed within minutes.
We stood on the pedestal, did some weave, played with the cavaletties, and played with the gate. He was having some trouble turning, facing and waiting when I sent him through the gate, so we went back and forth 4 times before he decided it was easier to just stand still and wait for me to close the gate.
Goodness, I love horsemanship! When he was having trouble with some things, I would just wait until he was better, or persuade him it was easier to do what I asked.
We had a really good play session! Even though it was windy and cold and muddy, Eddie still tried his heart out and was such a good boy!

~Lea & Eddie~



 2 Timothy 1:9
 who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...