Thursday, February 11

A Lovely Play Session

Today Eddie and I had a great play session! It started out with just going to take his blanket off, but turned into a 2 hour play time!
It was freezing this morning 0 to be exact, but once the sun came up, it was around 20-30. So that was nice to play in! We started with going for a walk around the trees in the backyard. Then after we grazed for a nice long time, we went in the track and trotted around in there. There is hardly any ice and what ice there is, it's all buried deep in the 8 inches of snow. So we plowed through all the snow and made some tracks to do some circles. Then, after doing some circles, that he did excellently, we went to sideways!
They were some of his best! He trotted sideways away for about, oh 20 feet. Then he walked sideways towards very lightly. All I had to do was walk backwards to ask him to come sideways. And he did it so willingly!

Next we went for a lap on the track, trotting here and there and then we stopped on one end and played with our bowing. I didn't have any treats to entice him with, but he did it once without any treats. So that was great!
Oh, but guess what?! It made me so happy! I got on by just swinging up there with the help of a half barrel and just sat there in the sun and we played with something he was having trouble with. Backing up! Yes, he was having some trouble backing up. When I would ask him to, he would plow through the pressure and just go to wherever he wanted to go. So I would bend him to a stop and one time he didn't even stop then, so I hopped off and firmly corrected him. But after that he was great! He was so light and I could see him thinking, "Oh, ok! Sure mom!" So that was much, much better. Then we played with some indirect and direct rein and ended with some barrel licking in the sun. It was so nice to ride. I absolutly love riding in the winter! Hopefully in the next couple of days, or this weekend, Allison and I will be able to go for a trail ride in the track. That would be fun!

Until tomorrow, my friends!


Lea & Eddie

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...