Wednesday, January 27

We Played!!!!!

Today it was very cold outside! I blanketed Eddie last night and he was thoroughly enjoying it. ;)
This morning, dad and I did chores - cleaned stalls, filled up buckets, gave the horses hay, and fed them. Then dad and I did some school, blah, blah, blah... Anyway! I went out to the barn at around 12 and stayed out until 1:45 ish. I took Eddie's blanket off because it was aorund 16 degrees. Eddie and I then went out to the pasture and trotted from point to point to find some grass. I was all bundled up in my snow pants and he kept me warm as I hid behind him from the wind. It was SO nice, we went for a walk in the track after we grazed for a long time!
I'm so glad that we have Parelli, because I had to, literally, direct exactly where he went so he wouldn't slip on the ice. I know you're not supposed to do that, because it's micromanaging, but I wasn't about to let him walk on the ice and hurt himself. So I would have him walk right behind me and we would take it about 5 steps at a time because there was snow we were walking on, but ice under that. And we didn't hit ice once! Yippeee!! He was very, very responsive and light too, when I had to hold onto the clasp to direct his feet. He was listening the whole time and I knew he was asking "Where should I put my foot next?"
It was really nice to be able to do stuff other than graze. After we finished our lap, we went by the round pen and he grazed all the grass underneath the fence. I couldn't believe how much ice was in the round pen, and we had been playing on that just a few weeks ago!

So, we're finding ways to play, even though the weather is determined not to let us. But it's good, (optomist here) we both get to learn more refinement by me asking him to put his feet somewhere safe. And I think it's really paying off, he's really looking to me for guidance now! So, all this ice may be a blessing in disguise! :) God has something for you learn in every circumstance!

Playing despite the ice,

Lea & Eddie



Psalm 37:39-40
But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
         
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
 And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;
         He shall deliver them from the wicked,
         And save them,
         Because they trust in Him.




3 comments:

Molly said...

Lea I absolutely love how optimistic you are! It's given me new perspectives on a few things! I try to be as optimistic as possible, but you're like the role model of optimism! Just thought I'd let you know!
-Molly =)

Lea and Eddie said...

Oh, thank you so much! That really means a lot. :)
Sometimes it can be hard to see what good can come out of circumstances, but it eventually shows up. *chuckles*
Thank you again...
Your Cavallo sounds a lot like my Eddie!

Molly said...

You're very welcome! =)
I agree! Cavallo and Eddie seem very alike!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...