Friday, November 27

Christmas is almost here!


Snow on the front porch next to our frost-bitten pumpkins! Thanksgiving morning.
Our Christmas tree is up!!! Thanksgiving afternoon.
Well today Eddie and I played online in the pasture! For once it was sunny, and in the 40's!!! It was so nice outside!



We went in the corncrib first and I did his feet. They were already pretty long, so it took me a while to do his front feet. Probably around 20 minutes. They look so nice now! I'm working on building up the muscle in my legs, because they were very noddle-y by the time I was done. 2 feet a day seem to be my limit. Tomorrow we'll do his back feet. =-)
So we went in the pasture then and played with a lot of different things. We did the question box with the barrels, the weave pattern with the cones, and the circling game with the buckets! I stood on two buckets and we played the game, "Don't make me get off the bucket." He was having fun with it by the time we were done. He would slow down, like he was going to stop, but I would look at him and he would speed up. "How close can I get to stopping without you getting off the bucket?!" It was very funny!!!
We did some sideways towards and zone 5 driving after that. We jumped the logs, barrels, tube and sidewaysed over an upright barrel from zone 5. It was really fun!
Oh yes! We bowed a few times when we were done. He really gets it, and I hardly had to touch him to get him to bow.
=-D
 
I played with Scout for a little bit afterwards. Just playing with some circling game, he jumped the barrels (which is huge for him) did some cavaletties and we went for a jog around the pasture. It was tiring for me but he wasn't even breathing hard! I think we'll do that every other day or so. Go for a jog together. =-)
 
So that's what we did today! It was so nice to get back in the swing of things, but even better to have this great weather!
 
 
   
~Lea & Eddie~


1 John 2:17
And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

2 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Sound like fun! Trimming horses hooves is very tiring! Especially when you try to get a mustang roll with sandpaper ;). lol! Btw I am probably within the next 6-9 months will be going down to Chicago to visit my Aunt and was wondering if you lived near there (within 3-3 1/2 hours)? 'Cause if you did we could meet maybe?!? It's still in the works but we will probably do a road trip visiting fam and my parents said if you don't live too far away from Aunt Paula we could visit... If you wanted to, of course ;). Hope you have a Merry Christmas Season! I have school off till the new year so I will have a VERY merry Christmas season ;)!

~Lauren (Tay), Sonny, and Toby

Lea and Eddie said...

Yeah! That would be fun!! Let me know when you think you might be coming up. =-) It would be fun to meet!

~lea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...