Saturday, October 31

AH! It's FREEZING!

Well this morning I wasn't going to play with Eddie because it was windy/cold but then the sun starting shining and I was like, "Oh well, it's only going to get colder. Let's go PLAY!"
And we ended up having a GREAT session! First we played with the cavaletties to get warmed up, then we went and I had Eddie back to a log, then sideways over it. I was about 30 feet away and I didn't move my feet at all. I think I stayed at a phase 1 and 2 the whole time too!
Then we did some circling game and his change of directions were flawless! Lean'n'turn! Woohoo! Weave was next and again, all I had to do was switch my ribs and he would go either on the inside of outside of the cone. But this time we did it at a trot!!
We went for a walk around the track with Allison and Scout, then we went into the barn and got a bite to eat (grain for him, my stomach was growling) and got out of the wind a little bit.

I lead him out to the round pen and we played some liberty too. His figure eights are really getting there. He did have some trouble with coming back into me, but once I made it fun, "Come chase me!" then he was happy to do them. We straddled the barrel, jumped the barrel, sideways over the barrel towards and away. Circling game is a bit tricky right now. He was not paying attention at ALL. But I know why, he likes the choice of leaving. He can't leave in the round pen. He has so much play drive in the outdoor and the pasture. I want his liberty to be, "SURE! Let's PLAY!" and he never leaves. Right now it's, "Sure! We can play! But I might want to leave and run back to you!"
I think in the winter we'll do our Level 3 Liberty. That will give us some time to practice our circling game in the outdoor and hopefully get some Level 4 marks in our Liberty. =-) Yay! I can't wait!

~Lea & Eddie~


Psalms 24:1-2
1 The earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.
2 For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the waters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...