Thursday, September 10

Yesterday's Play Time

Yesterday before I heard back from Parelli, Eddie and I had an amazing play time. It so could have been our L3 online audition without the trailer. ;-) Anway, let me explain what we did:
I was barefoot because I didn't want to run around with him with my boots on. So we started by doing some circles (cantering) and change of directions. He did 1 flying lead change, it was so pretty, and three simple drop to trot lead changes. YAY!!! Then we did some slow and simple things to have him rest, we straddled the pole lengthwise in record time (almost under 10 seconds) and we did some weave and he did some really pretty sidepasses at the trot. Then we did some stick to me gaits and he did super good with those too. It was fun to run around barefooted as he is barefoot too!!! =-D Then I made a fun game, I had him keep his gait going while I sat on a smushed over cone. It took him a while to get that he was actually supposed to stay on the circle but once he did he offered 2-3 laps at the canter and 3-4 laps at the trot without breaking gait. YIPPEE!!! It was cool because he had done 1 lap at the trot, I brought him in from where I sat and he was like, oh! I get to rest after I run around on the circle! So once I sent him back out again, that's when he offered all those circles. Then he came in and got good scratches and lots of rests. =-) He's such a good boy!
I took out the other 22 foot line and we played with some zone 5 driving after. He did pretty good, although he was pretty sleepy from doing those circles. We straddled a barrel from Z5 and sidewaysed off of it. Then he didn't want to do anymore and he let me know it, so I took the one 22 off and I hopped on with one dragging behind us.
It was so cool, I felt so in harmony with him. I think it helped to be barefoot and helmetless! So we walked from one side of the pasture to the other and I felt like.... The only thing I can compare to what it looked/felt like was Karen Rolf in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7Wpfqd2Vg  Of course we looked nothing at ALL like her doing it, but I just had a taste of what real, true fluidity felt like. We stood on the pedestal after that and I stood on his rump and then slid off of it. It was so much fun!
I love that horse so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Lea & Eddie~
Isaiah 41:20
That they may see and know,
      And consider and understand together,
      That the hand of the LORD has done this,
      And the Holy One of Israel has created it.

3 comments:

Hannah Willis said...

Great Job Lea!!
don't you love it when you find what makes you're horse tick!?
:D

Jordyn Daniels said...

WOO HOO!!! I bet you're excited about the L2 Freestyle results! PLUS he was so good for you! It was probably one of the best days of your life, right? Y'all re going to be ready for your L3 Freestyle audtion before you know it ;)!

Lea and Eddie said...

Oh, I love it!! Especially after reading Linda's article about Bribe vs. Bonus. I had to use treats today and he was like, "I get a treat, ok, but do I get to come in to YOU!???" It was SO sweet!
I can't wait for the future, but I'm so happy to be living in the moment right now. God has so blessed my life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...