Thursday, September 3

Trot, trot, trot!

Yesterday Eddie and I had a really good ride. I played with him for about 35 minutes, then I tacked up (bbpad, hackamore) and we rode in the pasture. He did so super!!! We trotted the weave pattern, did point to point trotting, sideways over the barrels and without a fence, question box and trotted the clover leaf pattern a bit. He did really good and he was listening to my body the whole time. He is just so light! I love it! I'm getting so excited with our riding now. He's offering so much more! The only thing I think that we can work on is using the carrot stick. I haven't been using it just because that's a lot of things to have in your hand, but I really want to start working with it to get him lighter and more responsive to my body.
We have a great pathway! I really think we're diving in freestyle! Yippee!!!
I also played with Diesel & Scout yesterday. Diesel we worked on the 7 games and some stick to me. He's doing so good!!
Then with Scout, we played with circles, change of directions and transitions. Then I got on and rode and did some bridleless things. It's cool, I think he's so happy to have the freedom of freestyle now that he's with a natural farm/people. We did the bowtie Pattern, and the figure eight and ended there.
Still waiting for results from the Audition. I'll let you know when I hear back!
PICTURESS!!!
 
  
Trotting! ^^ 
 
~Lea & Eddie~
Psalm 119:125
I am Your servant;
         Give me understanding,
         That I may know Your testimonies.

5 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

YAY LEA!!!! As I say ALL the time Eddie is GORGEOUS!!! I need to get some pics of me playing with my horses:P... He looks really responsive and he has a fairly nice self carriage. I wish Sonny had that good of a self carriage:P! I know you will pass that audition with flying colors:)!

Lea and Eddie said...

Thank you Lauren! I'm blessed to have such an awesome horse!

Jordyn Daniels said...

That you are ;)! lol! He is awesome:)! Although I would rather have Sonny and Red although they don't behave a LOT of the time;)!

Lea and Eddie said...

=-) they all don't behave sometimes! =-D Eddie and I weren't so amazing when we first started. I dreamed of the day we could just go out and ride. And I just did. Who knew it was only 2 years away.

Jordyn Daniels said...

I JUST came in from working with them and I take back my previous comment... These are my DREAM horses! I have only ridden Red 3 or 4 times and he just trotted the WHOLE length of our arena!!!! Sonny has also been doing some flying changes when he picks up the wrong lead in the circle XD!!!!! YAY!!!!! He felt sooooo connected to me today. I CAN'T WAIT to see what God has in store for me:)! I absolutely LOVE being able to brag on my horses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...