Friday, July 3

Thoughts From Today

Wow. What a day. So much to think about. Let me start with this morning:
At 9:45 we went out to get the horses from the pasture so we could play before Mike came. Eddie and I did canter falling leaf, transitions, gaits withing gaits (at liberty) spins at liberty and independent circles on line and liberty close and far away. So yeah, he was very tired after I was done playing with him!
Mike came around 11 and Scout was first, then Eddie and then Diesel. Diesel did a lot better this time then last time. He would jump around a bit, but he always came back. Mike did a fantastic job with him. I would rather have him, a Level 3 grad, get him used to different people (men) then anyone else. Say a vet. Thank you so much Mike for taking the time it takes. I know, it's not exactly to the girly way (carrots and kisses), but Diesel has to learn to trust others. =-) He showed me how to rasp off the backs, so that's my homework for this month. It will be easy.
Mike also brought the Theraflex for me to see. It looks good, but it's... *heads off to check* $300 and that's my whole bank account! Plus a saddle whenever I save up for that. No thanks. I'll wait and see. Good things come to those who wait. ;-)
But it was so nice. It was after lunch and we got done with the boys, so Mike stayed and ate lunch with us. Subs, yum! Get this -- He said (I didn't know this yet) that Mark Weiler bought out 'Parelli' from Pat. It happened some time ago. It really opened my eyes though. I mean, it's so easy to get caught up in all this stuff and how expensive all their stuff is when there are equal things out there that are cheaper. I know God gave me this gift, and I want to use it by pleasing Him. I absolutely LOVE Parelli, the Horsemanship side. I think what Pat has done is revolutionary. But the prices and the corporation are what get me. There are amazing students out there - Hannah Willis! Fran Latane! Keri! Grace! Kayla Wells! Lina Brandt from Sweden! Katie Oostman! Miranda! You know, those are the girls that deserve to ride with Pat. Not pay. How hard is that? Dave Ellis who taught Pat how to play the guitar and he became an instructor. You know, I don't think you should have to pay to do what you love.
That's just what I think. My mom has really helped me realize that. The underdog students are the students that deserve to be recognized, not the ones who have thousands of dollars at their disposal and are proud.
Anyway... Tomorrow is the fourth of July!!!
I cannot wait until we can get the track in tomorrow. Yep. For the fourth we're putting in the track! Finishing it! Yay!!!

Well, I'd better stop before this turns into an essay.

~Lea & Eddie~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...