Wednesday, July 22

Super Day!

Today was so much fun! Let's start with this morning:
Scout and I played with his freestyle again and it was so much fun! First we had reins and we did a few Patterns, then I took his halter and reins off and we were bridleless! We did the question box and the clover leaf pattern. It was a lot of fun! It was really the first time I have done it, and we were bridleless! Yippee! We also worked on sideways, follow the rail, clover leaf, question box, figure eight, weave and 180's. They are all so much fun! I love Patterns! =-D Scout is so much better now with mind exercises. He's so polite and calm now! I love working with him. =-)
Then I groomed both Eddie and Diesel and I did Diesel's toes. I got to rasp them all off! Yay! His feet are doing so well. They are right where they should be.
I played with Eddie before dinner and it was fun! It poured earlier, so everything was wet and I was barefoot! lol! Haha, I love muddy feet! lol! Anywho, Eddie was so concerned with bugs/his herd/mud/wet grass he wanted nothing to do with me. My plan was to do zone 5 driving with two reins, but I remember Jerry Williams' article about putting the relationship first and I dumped that idea and worked on him wanting to be with me. Let me just say that the play session went amazing. He was interested in me, and he totally forgot about everything else! Then, get this! We actually got to do our zone 5 driving!!! We did the circling game and change of direction and point to point and we did a faux trailer load into the stalls! lol! YIPPEE!!!!
Well I have to say that when you put the relationship first your horse will give you even more then you expect.
SAVVY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke 21:19
By your patience possess your souls.

~Lea & Eddie~
My amazing partner that teaches me every day.

2 comments:

Jordyn Daniels said...

Cool! Every time I read one of your posts I learn something new! You will be a great horse trainer one day... Keep up the good work!

~Lauren, Sonny, and Red~

Lea and Eddie said...

Thank you! That's my dream ~ =-D I'm glad I could help you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...