Tuesday, June 30

Good Quote

When your ready you will be ready, doubt won't then creep in...
-Dawn Emmerson, Level 3 student.

I'm taking that quote with me for a LONG time.
It seems like I've been a Freestyle rush lately. If you look at my goals at the left side of the page all my online and almost all of my liberty is done and freestyle and finesse are not going well. But we have only been doing Parelli for 1 year and 11 months!!!! I do NOT have to rush things and push myself over thresholds. Now I can breathe again!
Take the time it takes, SO IT TAKES LESS TIME!!!!!!!!!
DUH!
Silly, silly me!

So today I played with Scout at liberty and online and yes, freestyle! (sounds ironic) lol! He did SO SO SO good. I was blown away-impressed. He was stretching and rounding his back and flexing at the trot. YAY! He usually braces and is like a upside-down bad banana. But he was nearing the good banana posture! Yay Scout!
He even felt different to ride. He was pushing up into me with his back at the trot and his back felt... wider almost.
Oh! Oh! Oh! He even jumped the barrels with exuberance! It must be all the cavaletties my sister has done with him. I'm so proud of both of them!

I sat on Eddie for a few minutes in his dry lot. I gave him carrots. He was so frisky! So I got off (I was bridle-less) and we did so fancy moves at liberty! I was in zone 1 and I had him go sideways. His neck was all arched and he looked like a stallion! hehe! I'm going to play with him soon.

That's all! Thanks for reading!

~Lea & Eddie~

2 comments:

Keri-Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing that quote Lea!!!

Sounds like you are having fun!!! Now if only the rain would stop..... ;)

~K

Lea and Eddie said...

No problem!
Yes, yes, yucky rain! It's very cloudy here... with a few spirnklings of showers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...