Friday, May 29

Yesterday Evening and Today

Well, let's start with our Lock up time (6:30 pm) Eddie didn't want to eat his grain... Bad sign for a LBI/E. He always wants to eat. So we checked his vital signs, he had white gums, was a tad warm, his fur was standing on end and most of all he wouldn't eat. We called our vet (our nice vet, Dr. Deb Sink) and she said she was on her way. I knew what it was, he's had it three times before - what could it be? Colic! Oh joy! =-l I started walking him in the outdoor so if there was anything stuck up in there, it would work it's way out. Last time he coliced it was because he didn't drink enough water and a time before that he just had bad gas. So the vet came and did a rectal check and she said everything was fine 'up there.' Of course he was sedated by then. ;-) Then, because his gums were 'tacky' we had to put a tube up his nose to get water/electrolytes/oil in his stomach. So after the tube was in, the water was pumped in and then it came out. That was an interesting experience! So we didn't give him any food and let him sleep for the night.
In the morning he was awake and cranky! There's our normal Eddie! lol! He's had a great day since.
I really want to find out what makes him colic - too much grass is what Dr. Sink said. But I want to know how to prevent it, since he's prone to it. Well the was the excitement from last evening!

Today I played with Scout, Diesel, Eddie and then Scout and Diesel again. Plus I had to shuffle them around from paddock, to outdoor, to track to wherever! haha! It was a lot of work. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, because I'm tired. But we had a lot of fun and I love horsey days!!!


Lea & Eddie

3 comments:

Katie Oostman said...

I'm glad Eddie's ok!!!

Randa said...

Oh my, that's scary!! I'm glad he's okay though.

Lea and Eddie said...

Yeah, it was nerve-racking!
Yep, he's doing great. He won't stop eating! lol! Which is quite a good thing.
=-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...