Monday, October 10

Blind Driving & Riding

Thank the Lord, it has been SUCH beautiful weather!
I am so thankful for it, I've been able to play with Eddie and Scout and even Diesel every day. Today, I played with Diesel's mouth since we have to flush it every so often. See, he's a 'packer' and packs food up in his mouth. So we have a tube and just squirt water into his mouth. He didn't like it at first, but once we let him see what it was, he was totally fine with it! He is such a smart cookie. All our horses are so much smarter than we give them credit for.
Scout and I went on an amazing walk today. We went around the ENTIRE property and he was just having a blast. Scout was kinda hyper, so we did some circles. Just so that he could get some of his energy out. But I think he was just excited. What's more fun than going for a walk? After we did another lap around the whole property, we went into the outdoor and I rode to the gate, opened it and then we went in his stall. ;-) hehe! It's interesting to ride in a stall. I thought to myself, "Hey, an indoor arena!" lol!
Eddie and I played in the outdoor in the morning and rode too. We did some more blind driving. He is REALLY getting the hang of it! All I have to do is hold up my hand and he will turn like a pro. I am so proud of him. =-) After we did that for a little bit, I hopped on and we rode for a while. We trotted, did a few laps, played with some side passes (which looked really pretty, btw!) and just had fun. I was going to play with him again tonight, but he and his herd were all running around quite a bit. So he got his exercise, for sure! They were really huffing and puffing.
It was such a lovely day and it was very fun to play with all the horses.
Getting off topic a little bit but... We're redoing our bathroom and painting it for the first time since we moved here. It is so pretty and so nice to have it almost finished. Yes, in between playing with the horses we were painting all day. It was fun!


~Lea & Eddie & Scout & Diesel~

Proverbs 19:20-21
Listen to counsel and receive instruction,
      That you may be wise in your latter days.
       There are many plans in a man’s heart,
      Nevertheless the LORD’s counsel—that will stand.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...