Tuesday, July 12

Summer

Wow, it's amazing how fast one week can go!
It has been hot, dry and rather July-ish. Mostly I've been keeping the horses cool, playing and riding in the mornings, and going for walks in the evenings. Oh yes, and hosing the horses off and swimming during the heat of the day! It's been fun though, lazy-ish sort of weather, too hot to trim... Speaking of which I need to trim Eddie's back feet and Scout's back feet too. :-/ I'll probably do them tomorrow, since it's only going to be 78. YAHOO!!!
Yesterday, a small storm rolled through - well actually it was a large storm. More than 800,000 people are without power in Chicago and around northern Illinois. By the grace of God, the bad wind went north and south of us. We're in the hole again! I tell ya, I'm never moving. Tornadoes and microbursts and downdrafts always seem to miss us by 5-10 miles.

Anyway, I took Eddie for a long, 45 minute walk this morning. We went by the gates, took two laps around the pumpkin field, went around the entire house, back up through the gardens and back to the paddocks! We had such a blast and he was so confident. I'm so proud of my Eddie - he has come such a long way and has truly given me his heart. Something that I am privileged to have.
:-)

Picture post on its way!


~Lea & Eddie & Scout & Diesel~


Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...