Friday, July 22

It's Raining!

YES! Today is the first time since the beginning of July, we've had rain. The pastures haven't grown much, the lawn is almost brown and our corn is starting to shrivel. Our beans aren't doing so hot either since it's been so... well... hot and dry.
It's been raining all morning and will probably last until noon.
So, the horses are in and eating hay and maybe this afternoon I'll even play with Eddie for a while. Gosh, it's been about a week since I've played with him. :-( I don't like it one bit!
Anywho, Diesel is doing fantastic and is eating so well now. His mouth is doing so much better and he's pretty much back to normal! Yay! Praise God!
I watched Pete Ramey's That's My Horse dvd about the draft horse hooves he was working on, this morning. It was a nice way to pass the time as the thunder and lightning came through.
Yep, just a lazy day here on the farm - hanging out with the horses and my sister! <3

 
~Lea & Eddie & Scout & Diesel~

P.S. I woke up to this song playing on K-Love. Quite appropriate, right? :-)

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain

2 comments:

Ellyn said...

I'm reading Ramey's "How to Make Natural Hoof Care Work for You"! It really makes me wish I knew how to trim hooves. I want to learn, but don't know where to start.

Btw, do you live in MN?

Lea and Eddie said...

Oh, that's a really good book! I read it right as I was starting my trimming journey and it inspired me to jump right in.
I took a few courses from KC La Pierre and that was the best money I have ever spent! His DVD's are really good too and I watched those multiple times. I would definitely recommend watching his dvds and reading his book. Both can be found on his site.
Nope, I love in Northern Illinois. I've been to MN before though and wish I could live there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...