Tuesday, June 7

A Much Needed Update!

Hey there, everyone!
I'm super sorry I haven't updated my blog in so long. I've just been lazy and haven't thought of much to blog about. But... now I have a bunch of ideas and things to blog about, so be prepared for multiple posts!
First, I'll tell you about what Eddie and I have been accomplishing!
Three days ago, it was warm out, but not terribly hot. So, Eddie and I rode in the outdoor for a half an hour. Now, I have really been following Mark Rashid's tips, thoughts and techniques on riding.
  1. Breathe
  2. Don't look at your horse
  3. Breath out when there is any exertion
  4. Count stride rhythm when you want to transition
  5. Be a passive leader
With those 5 things, Eddie and I have been making a ton of progress! We trotted half of a lap in the outdoor! Which we haven't done for a long time! So, the next step is to do a full lap! And, I also did a lot of little half halts. The only way I was able to do that was because I was very secure in the bareback pad and I could steer him without having to hold on to anything. Now, that may not seem like a lot to you, but to Eddie and I, the little things matter! And like with a lot of things, the little things only matter. :-)
So, we are making a lot of progress and I can't wait until this heat leaves! Then, we can ride more and play too!
Now, on to the next blog post!

~Lea & Eddie~


“Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it is past, and like a watch in the night.” Psalm 90:2,4
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...