Wednesday, January 12

We have snow again!

 It was a very fun day! There was snow everywhere, it was sunny, there wasn't any wind and it was warm(er). So, I got to play with Eddie and Scout and ride both of them too! Which I was really happy about!

First, Scout and I went out to the pasture and ran around. He was so spunky, so we just had fun, he was swinging his head and just being silly!
We trotted over the cavaletties and he almost jumped the log which is huge for him! :-) Yay Scouty!

Then, I hopped on Scout, changed my line into reins and we rode around for a while.
 He was really good, and I played with some stuff that we haven't done in a while. Whenever I would ask him to go somewhere, I would leave my reins for last and just turn my shoulders and think my way to where we wanted to go. He was a champ! Because he did it without a fuss and was much more engaged into what we were doing. Yippee!

--------------------------------------

Second, I let Scout go and then I haltered Eddie. We did the same thing in the pasture, we ran around, did some fun chase me game and he would spin around on
 his hindquarters like I've never seen him spin before! lol! He was having a blast!
We jumped over the log, tube and did some cavaletti work. But moreover, Eddie was feeling silly too, so he spent a good part of the time chewing on my gloves, licking barrels, biting the tube, and chewing on his rope. What an oral horse I have!

So, while Eddie was licking the tube, I hopped on and just sat there for a little bit. Hey, it counts as riding! lol! But I hopped off, because he was spunky, and I know that when he wants to run, he runs! But hopefully we'll be able to ride more often now that we have snow!



Anyway, that's what I did with the horses today! I was outside from 11:45 to 2 and was very happy to come in and warm up. :-)
 Here are some more pictures from today! Including Eddie chewing on my glove and me just laughing. Our horses are just the funniest bunch!















~Lea & Eddie~

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...