Monday, August 16

Finally, a Cool Week!

Well, the wind has picked up, the humidity has gone, and the cool weather has come in!!!
Yippee!!
So Eddie and I have been playing for the last three days, and it's been so nice! Yesterday we played at liberty in the outdoor and he was amazing. :-) We just had fun, ran around and played together. Then two days ago, we rode and actually had a great ride! We've been riding a lot more, when we're both in the same mindset. Which is happening a lot more often. It's really nice to not worry about where we're going anymore. I really became a task-master, and lately, I've let go of the lists and tasks and we're just having fun. Which he is absolutely fine with! And I am too! I read a book recently, called Horse Miracles. It was really good, and in it, there was a story about a lady and her horse, Honey. All they ever did was go on trail rides, enjoy each others company and have an incredible relationship where they both looked after one another. That got to me to thinking, that that is all that I ever want with Eddie. That, and teaching others how to have a relationship like that.
And we're getting there. Slowly but surely! Something from Chris Irwin's book said, If we get better 2% every week, then in three years we'll be 100% better. And that is so true! :-)

Anyway, I'm really happy for the cool weather!
Hopefully it stays like that for a long time, because the KC La Pierre course is coming up and it will be harder to trim when it's hot. But I think it will stay cool for a while, and all I can do is pray that it will!
I've also been trimming up the horses more. Diesel has gotten a crack, but it's because he paws so much and therefore, he wears down his walls. But I'm letting it grow out, and hopefully it won't get any worse. :-)

Hope that you are all having a wonderful week!


~Lea & Eddie~


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...