Monday, July 12

So Soft & Light!!

This morning, Eddie and I had an incredible play session!
We started out with some small things, like balancing up with myself and his mind, so that we were both on the same page. Which took about 15 minutes because we haven't played for about 5 or 6 days. So we did a little bit of stick to me, and just feeling things out. 
Then we did some cavaletti therapy and he did really well! We trotted over those together a few times and then I decided to work on my softness and lightness. I dropped my stick, because I was using it way too much, and then we went to small 10 foot long reins.
Oh, that was such a learning experience! But it was a really good on!! I was finding that I had to encourage him a lot to get him going and have him not eat. But then once I picked a target and got it in my mind "We are going there!" Then everything was perfect! All it took was a thought to go forward, and I just sent all my energy towards the thing we were going to. We did that for 4 or 5 things and then we went down the south line at a trot, which is about 300 feet long and we jumped the log together at the end of the line. It was so much fun, and I could just feel all my focus going towards one thing, and he felt it too!
Plus I have been working on my breathing. Because I realized that I only take little gasps when I play with Eddie, which causes me not to focus. So it's deep, abdominal breathing for me!
Beath in... :-O beath out.... :-o
hehe!


Anyway, it was an amazing play time and I think we will have a lot of fun playing with all these new things together! :-)


~Lea & Eddie~




Matthew 4:4
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...