Tuesday, June 22

Horse Play

Yesterday Eddie and I had some real fun, doing things that horses do with each other.

You could see that his joy was skyrocketing.
His energy also!

We first played with some spin isolations, getting him to wait with him looking away from me, and then we hopping backwards, and him spinning and running over to me. He liked it, but I could tell 
that he wasn't finding it too enjoyable.

Drop the stick.
Up the energy!

We played like we've never played before! We just ran around the outdoor, he would chase me, rear up, flail his front feet and then run off bucking! Then I would chase him, and he would canter around for a little bit, before I would run backwards and he would run back in to me and we'd do it all over again and again! You could just see how happy he was to play!
We did a few more things, like jumping over some barrels, and playing with some shoulder in. Now THAT was one fun game! It was structured, but he was so into it!

I would ask him to walk in front of me, while I was walking backwards. Then I would slowly motion with my hands for him to move his ribs over and he would do a few steps at a sidepass. Then we would walk straight for a few strides, and I would ask him to do it again. We did that probably a 4 times each way, and he caught on so quickly! It was a ton of fun!!


We ended there, and I hopped on him for a few moments bareback and bridleless, and then hopped off. I didn't want to push it. :-)


It was such a fun play time! Now if only this heat would subside, and I'd be able to get out more often and play with him! ;-) But I know that it will be winter again before I know it!




~Lea & Eddie~




Psalm 121:7-8
7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
         He shall preserve your soul.
 8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
         From this time forth, and even forevermore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...